Monday, September 14, 2009

Team Saltbox Interview #1: Faryn

Melinda: This is our first “team saltbox” interview ~ I’m pleased to introduce Faryn to you! Read on for “how-to win some saltbox” for yourself!

Name:
Faryn Einhorn

Title:
(Official): Administrative Assistant

Title:
(Office Dynamic): Ray of sunshine! Faryn “turns the world on with her smile”!

Title:
(Self-defined): “A chatty and adventurous Los Angeles-to-New York transplant, and lover of all things chocolate.”

Most likely to:
Suggest pizza for lunch (although, might be a tie with Nicole on this one!)”

Fun Facts:
Faryn is a multi-talented gal who does so much my head is spinning trying to remember it all! Let’s see…. She’s a comedienne/performer & regularly appears at comedy clubs with her sketch comedy troupe “Harvard Sailing Team”… She and her friend have a custom baking business, “Fanny & Jane” ~ if you’re in NYC you should totally treat yourself! I ordered “fudgies” for my b-day & they were a hit – yummy (eggless) cubes of brownie/fudge melded together – I was very popular at the bar that night! Faryn also blogs about her passion for foods & her New York experiences in tasting her way through the city…

Moving on:
Faryn has been with saltbox for almost 2 years – but (alas for us) is moving on to pursue her path in the entertainment field. We will miss her terribly ~ but totally support this huge leap of growth for her! Although she will be gone from the office in less than a week, we wanted to share her with you for our first “staff interview"!

Q:
What do you think about us naming one of our Fall Plaids, “Faryn” (green/gray/purple), after you? How do you relate to this print?
A:
So honored! My name is fairly unusual, and as a kid, I was always pretty bummed when I could never find a souvenir keychain or mini license plate with “Faryn” printed on it. But now, I get an entire colorway of bags named after me, which is arguably way cooler. Not only that, but I feel like this pattern really fits my personality. I’ve always been a fan of plaid, and these colors are just the right mix of femininity and edge, which I think suits my personal style. Whenever I carry my Plaid Faryn Travel Bag (Item #TBGS56), it feels like my own little inside secret that I have with myself. Does that make me dorky? J

Q:
What is you favorite saltbox item (today)?:
A:
Ooh, this is a tough one. I love so many! But since you’re making me choose, I’m gonna have to go with the Basketweave Take-Out Tote in Squash (Item #TT0048). For me, this bag is a no-brainer. Living in Brooklyn and commuting to Manhattan, I always load up my purse, to the point of needing an “extra bag” just to fit everything I will need for the day…which can leave me feeling a little Sherpa-ish. This is the perfect “extra bag”. I use it to tote lunch to the office, a change of clothes to rehearsal, and a bag of sugar to the bakery kitchen for some late-night cookie baking. It’s much more durable than schlepping around a plastic grocery bag, and so much cuter.

Am I allowed to also include the Geo Marine Day Wallet (Item #DWGG03) as my second favorite?
(Yes Faryn, of course you can! )

Q:
What’s something you’d like to share about saltbox with everyone?
A:
As an insider here at saltbox, I’ve had the unique opportunity to watch and participate in the fascinating behind-the-scenes process of turning an idea into an actual product. I’ve learned that patience, persistence, and a pleasant attitude (let’s call ‘em “The Three P’s”), goes a long way in this industry.Working in an all-ladies office has been such a positive (and fun!) experience. As a small business owner who is new to the game, I have been endlessly inspired by these women. By leading through example, they have imparted me with the confidence and smarts to follow my heart and turn my own passions into a business venture.I’m sad to be leaving the Saltbox family. But I will forever take with me the values I learned, and the memories I formed in this office - Thank you for being such wonderful, supportive colleagues and friends!

Q:
Any shout-outs?
A:
Hi mom!

Melinda:
And we want to also give a big shout-out to Faryn’s friends and family who have also chipped in from time to time – Hi David, Trevor and Billy! AND last but not least a big THANK YOU to Jessy Fofana (our Publicist) who first introduced us to Faryn ~ Thank you Jessy!


WIN SOME SALTBOX FOR YOURSELF!

To celebrate the good times we’ve had with Faryn we’re honoring her time with us by giving away set of Faryn’s favorite items: the Geo Marine Carryall (Item# PBGG03) & the Geo Marine Day Wallet (Item #DWGG03)!



To win this set:

  1. Email info@saltboxnyc.com with “Hi Saltbox - I want to win Faryn’s Favorites!” in the subject line.
  2. Please include your full name & how you would like it listed on our blog when you win; ie: “Faryn Einhorn, list me as Faryn E. from NYC.”
  3. We’ll add you to our email list so you’ll know when our retail site goes live – and you’ll be the first to get launch date specials!
  4. We’ll draw from all the above entries on TUES 6th OCT 2009 = this gives you 2 weeks to win!Please tell your friends ~ good karma for all! After 100 people sign up, we add more prizes!
  5. Also, feel free to tell us what kind of contest you like ~ we’re just getting started and would love to hear your ideas!

Best wishes ~ Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're pleased you want to share your thoughts with us! We DO check posts before listing as this is an "all ages" blog. We're NOT for censorship, but we ARE for staying appropriate within the context of this site. Thank you for your consideration ~ Best wishes, Saltbox.